The word 'chikki' reminds us of our childhood days. Usually, after school, most of us would go to the nearby shops to buy the peanut chikki that was available for just 50 paisa or 1 rupee. Well, those days were just awesome!
The taste of the peanut chikki was just perfect! But off late, the peanut chikki that we buy from the market is not of a good quality. So, the best solution is to prepare it right at your home and divulge your mind down the memory lane.
Also Read: Jaggery Paratha Recipe For Kids
It is a very easy recipe that does not take much time. Also, this is the right time to prepare this recipe, as kids may have their summer vacation going on and would sure love to relish the peanut chikki.
So, why wait, read on to know how to prepare the peanut chikki recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
- Groundnuts - 2 cups
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cardamom - 4 to 5 (powdered)
Also Read: Vegetable Khichdi Recipe For Kids
- Take a large bowl to fry the groundnuts.
- Once the bowl is heated, add the groundnuts and fry them until reddish brown in colour.
- After the groundnuts are fried, transfer them to a plate and smash them to make fine pieces.
- Make sure to remove the skin of the groundnuts.
- Meanwhile, keep a pan on the stove and once it has heated up, add the jaggery.
- Add one tablespoon of ghee to the pan.
- Add little water for the jaggery to melt.
- Once the jaggery has melted, add in the groundnuts and stir well for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Make sure the mixture becomes thick.
- Now, take a plate and grease it with ghee.
- Then transfer the content on to the plate and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, take a knife and cut the chikki mixture into your desired shapes.
Serve this delicious recipe to your kids and let us know your feedback.