Monsoon calls for some harbour of sweetness in your kitchen. Custards can be either thick or soupy depending on the amount of eggs or thickener used while preparing. Custards are very easy to make and highly relished by all age groups. Flavour your near ones mouth with vanilla custard this monsoon.Here is a very simple recipe of vanilla custard.
- Sugar-2-3 cups
- Whipped cream-1 cup
- Bread-5-6 pieces
- Vanilla essence-1 tsp
- Custard powder-4-5tbsp
(You do not need to use vanilla essence in case the custard powder is already vanilla flavoured)
Procedure For Making Vanilla Custard:
- Pour milk into a container and mix the sugar and cream into it.
- Take off the side portions of the bread and mix only the white part into the milk.
- Add the eggs and blend till smooth.
- Now heat the contents in the pan over a flame till the smell of raw eggs disappear.
- Keep on stirring the mixture until it becomes thick.
- Now add custard powder into it and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence (in case the custard powder is not flavored).
- Pour down the mixture in a container and let it cool.
- Refrigerate it overnight.
- Next morning your vanilla custard is all ready to be served.
Garnish your vanilla custard with fruits like strawberry, black grapes and banana. You may also add some dry fruits like cashew nuts, raisins or pistachios in it.
Serve the custard cold in small glass containers or custard bowls. It is an easy to make recipe that you can serve on all occasions.