Eggless desserts are not just targeted for vegetarians; even non-vegetarians choose to have eggless pudding if they are on a special diet or if they do not like the pungent smell of eggs. This chocolate pudding recipe is absolutely uncomplicated so even most amateur cook can try it at home.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Milk- 2 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 4tbsp
- Corn starch- 3tbsp
- Ground or refined sugar- 1 and 1/2 cups
- Unsalted Butter- 2tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 1tsp
- Salt- 1 pinch
1. Take a deep bottomed saucepan and heat milk in it. Boil it on low flame until it starts bubbling.
2. Meanwhile mix the cocoa powder with corn starch, sugar and salt. Mix it uniformly and make sure that no lumps are there.
3. When the milks starts bubbling, add the mixture of cocoa powder to it. Boil it on low flame and stir continuously to avoid the formation of lumps.
5. Keep stirring until it develops a thick consistency. It should take about 5-7 minutes if you simmer it on low flame.
6. Then remove the pan from the flame and season it with butter and vanilla extract. Stir it as the butter melts into the eggless pudding uniformly.
- Pour the eggless pudding into 4 dessert bowls and let it cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve it chilled.
- You can garnish the chocolate pudding with dry fruits if you like.