Egg custard, Chinese dessert recipe:
2 cups whole milk
1/3 cup sugar
grated nutmeg (jaiphal)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cornstarch
Directions to make egg custard recipe:
1. Boil milk in a saucepan on medium heat. Add 4 tbsp sugar and mix well. Boil on medium heat till the sugar dissolves.
2. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and add the remaining sugar. Now slowly add cornstarch when the sugar dissolves. Make a yellow paste.
3. Now carefully add the half the amount of boiling milk into the whisked egg mixture. Mix well to get the creamy texture.
4. Add the creamy whisked egg and milk mixture into the boiling milk and mix well to avoid getting lumps. Boil or 3-4 minutes.
5. Now cool the custard and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. To get the creamy texture, you can beat again with a beater and then refrigerate again for 1 hour.
Egg custard is ready to eat. Enjoy this chilled and creamy Chinese dessert recipe.
Subscribe to Boldsky