Chocolate pudding may not be the toughest chocolate dessert recipes to try out but you do need some expert guidelines if you have to turn out a perfect pudding. It is an easy recipe for Christmas provided you can get the consistency right. This chocolate pudding recipe is more about the procedure than the ingredients. The trick to making this easy Christmas recipe perfect is not the recipe for chocolate pudding but its execution.
It is an easy recipe for Christmas, especially the problem of finding an appropriate Christmas dessert gets solved. There are very few people who do not like Chocolate pudding and so you will be playing it safe and it is quick to make too.
Ingredients For Chocolate Pudding:
1. Milk (whole not skimmed) 2 cups
2. Egg yolks 4
3. Sugar ' cup (fine powdered)
4. Cocoa powder 3 tablespoon
5. Dark chocolate 1 bar
6. Cornstarch 1 tablespoon
7. Fresh Cream ' cup
8. Vanilla essence few drops
9. White butter (unsalted) 1 tablespoon
Procedure For Chocolate Pudding:
- Bring the milk to a bubble on low flame. You are not to boil the milk like you do normally but just wait for the faint bubbles to appear around the brink.
- Meanwhile whisk together egg yolks and sugar. For this you can use a electronic blender or else the mixture might not be smooth.
- Add the cornstarch and cocoa powder to and whisk with a egg beater. There should be no clumps of powder in it.
- Pour the bubbling milk slowing to the bowl containing egg yolks. Do not pour it all at once, keep stirring it in gradually.
- Pour the mixture back into the boiling pan and boil it on low flame for 7-9 minutes until it thicken sufficiently. Remove it from heat and add the vanilla essence.
- Melt the chocolate bar in a pan and pour it over the now settling pudding.
- Stir in the fresh cream while it is still hot; grease a pan with butter and set the pudding in it. Refrigerate for couple of hours.
You can garnish your chocolate pudding with chocolate flakes or chips. It is best enjoyed chilled.