Caramel custard pudding is a very popular dessert recipe all over the world. This pudding recipe is easy to make and is an ideal dessert to have after meal. A mild vanilla flavouring is used in this pudding recipe. This caramel pudding can be either made in the micro-oven or a pressure cooker. But here, we will use the micro-oven recipe for making caramel pudding. If your house is full of friends and a pudding recipe is in demand, then you can try making caramel custard pudding as it is very easy to make. Try out this pudding recipe to make caramel custard pudding and make everyone happy with your amazing cooking style.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Sugar- 5-6 cups
- Eggs- 4
- Milk- ½lts
- Vanilla Essence- 2-3 drops
- Plastic Pudding Cups (micro-oven proof)- 5-6
- Butter all the pudding cups and keep them aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 cup of water to a frying pan kept on a gas oven and turn it up to medium flame.
- Now add 2 cups of water to the same pan. Stir well on a medium flame for a minute.
- Now let the whole mixture simmer for a while. Stir it occasionally. Bring it down as soon as it turns golden and pour in all the pudding cups.
- Now take another deep bottomed pan over the gas oven and add the milk into it. Pour the remaining sugar into the pan and keep it on simmer.
- Break and beat the eggs into it. Stir the whole mixture properly and let it reduce to half it's original volume. Add the vanilla essence now.
- Now turn off the gas oven and pass the whole mixture trough a sieve.
- This will give you a perfect homogeneous mixture for the caramel custard pudding. Pour this mixture into all the pudding cups alike.
- Place the pudding cups inside the micro-oven. Take the cups out after 40-45 minutes. After they cool down place them in the refrigerator for further cooling.
- Take them out after they are chilled and scoop the caramel custard pudding out of the pudding cups with a spoon.
Serve the caramel custard pudding cold to your guests.