Gone are the days when we always had fruity desserts after dinner. The compulsions of urban life do not allow us to try new and innovative dessert recipes every other day. But you can make an exception once in a while. If your family loves desserts, try making banana pudding. This is a pudding recipe that can be made even by amateurs.
Banana pudding is actually a very traditional pudding recipe. It is a dessert that can be made in various ways. Usually, every family has their own variety of banana pudding recipe. But the recipe that we have given here is a standard one for new cooks. However, you are free to experiment with the dish. You can add special toppings or dress it differently.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- All Purpose Flour- 1 cup
- Milk- 3 cups
- Sugar- 3tbap
- Bananas- 4 (firm but ripe)
- Egg yolk- 2
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Butter- 1tbsp (cold)
- Vanilla essence- few drops
- Sweetened whipped cream- 2tbsp
- Wafers or cookies- 4
- Cherries- 6 (optional)
- Take a large mixing bowl and add flour, salt and sugar to it. Now add milk to the mixture slowly and keep whisking it to mix.
- Transfer this mixture into a pot that is kept on the gas oven. Keep whisking it till it thickens (for about 5 minutes on a low flame).
- In another mixing bowl, add egg yolk, butter and sweetened cream. Whip it up until it gets frothy.
- Add this to the milk mixture and warm it on the gas oven for another 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence to it and mix well. Remove it from flame after 2 more minutes.
- Mash 3 of the bananas into a fine paste.
- Now take a tall glass and make a layer of mashed banana in it. Add another layer of the thickened mixture you prepared.
- Repeat the layers till you reach the top of the glass.
- Top the pudding with slices of banana, wafers and cherries.
- Refrigerate at least for an hour and then serve it chilled.
Banana pudding is a very easy dessert recipe and no matter how bad a cook you are, you can still try it.