Our meals remain incomplete if there are no desserts served at the end. Kheer is one of the most famous delicacies or desserts in the Indian Cuisine.
Experts try to mix and match different ingredients to make Kheer more interesting and hence, what we find today are variations like chocolate kheer, blueberry kheer, apple kheer, honey kheer and many more.
Have you ever tasted the orange kheer before? Yes, when the citrus fruit mixes with the yummy recipe of the kheer, you get the delicious dish to enjoy. Here is the recipe and also the ingredients that are required.
Also Read: Tasty Rice Dessert Recipes You Must Try
Serves - 5
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Full-fat milk - 5 cups
2. Orange - 1 cup (chopped)
3. Sugar - 1 cup
4. Cashew Nuts - ¼th cup (chopped)
5. Green Cardamom Powder - a pinch
6. Cornflour - 2 tbsp
7. Cold Milk - 1 cup
Also Read: Weekend Special Dessert Recipes
1. Take a small bowl and make a mixture of cornflour and cold milk. Keep it aside.
2. Take a deep-bottomed pan and boil milk for 6-7 minutes on high flame.
3. Add the mixture of cornflour and cold milk and also add sugar. Stir continuously, so that no lumps are formed. Also, you should continue stirring, so that it won't get burnt from the bottom.
4. Add cardamom powder and give a good mix. Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool completely.
5. When the mixture is completely cooled, add the orange segments and mix everything well. Keep it inside the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
6. Garnish it with some chopped cashews. You can also use other nuts for garnishing and serve chilled.
Isn't making orange kheer very easy? Next time, you arrange a get-together at your place, prepare this and serve it at the end of your meal. Your guests will love it for sure.
Also Read: Milk Desserts Recipe To Try This Evening