How to prepare a Marzipan Easter egg recipe? Before that, do you know why eggs are related to Easter? Actually, it is believed that it is the day when Jesus met his disciples after his resurrection.
He returned from the death and came back to a new life in a way that new life comes out, breaking the shell of an egg.
So, recipes of Good Friday and Easter signify the stories of Jesus. Marzipan Easter egg recipe is one of those recipes, in which the eggs are made of sweetened almond paste and interesting gifts are kept inside like candies or chocolates. Kids love to collect these eggs on Easter.
Hot Cross Chocolate Easter Bun Recipe
So, how to prepare the Marzipan Easter egg recipe? Before that, you need to know what Marzipan is. It is a smooth confection, made of almond or cashew paste and is used as a cover of cakes or candy figurines.
Almond Marzipan is more popular due to its silky smooth texture. You can mould it anyway and give the shape that you want. The designer eggs you make by using Marzipan Easter egg recipe will attract your kids and their friends for sure.
10 Best Recipes For Easter
You can buy Easter eggs from any confectioneries. But, with easy Marzipan Easter egg recipe, you can try it at home this year. Read on to know more.
Serves - 3
Cooking time - 1 hour
1. Eggs (egg whites only) - 2
2. White Caster Sugar – 600 g3. Almond Paste - 400 g
4. Rose Water - Half cup
5. Egg Mould - 1
These are all vital ingredients of the Marzipan Easter egg recipe. If you want to decorate it further, you can use food colours and Marzipan for that.
1. Take almond paste in a bowl.
2. Carefully separate the egg whites from yolk and beat it to make it fluffy.
3. Now, add it to the almond paste and mix it well.
4. Add sugar and rose water and again mix it well with a wooden spoon.
5. Now, keep the bowl on a stove. Lower the flame and stir it continuously for almost 20 minutes. Stir it well, so that the mixture won’t stick to the bowl.
6. You can add food colour if you want colourful Easter eggs.
7. Put off the gas stove and let the mixture cool for about 20 minutes. Your Marzipan is ready.
8. Take your Marzipan mould and pour the mixture inside it. Close the mould.
9. Keep it in that state for 15-20 minutes.
10. Open the mould. You have your eggs now.
11. If you want, you can place candies and chocolates inside the egg while putting Marzipan inside the mould.
12. If needed, use your fingers for a smooth texture.
13. You can also use the remaining Marzipan and food colours to decorate the eggs.
To make the marzipan softer, you add corn syrup too. If you want to wrap it with colourful papers or decorate it later, you can easily store the eggs inside the refrigerator.
Marzipan can be stored in a freezer for up to 6 months. But, whenever you need to use it, don’t forget to bring it to room temperature. So, this Easter, let your imagination fly and make Marzipan Easter eggs and decorate them too.