During the Shravana masa/month, many Hindu festivals are celebrated. Many varieties of sweets are also prepared.
If you are bored with having the same types of sweets, then we've shared with you an easy sweet recipe that does not require much time and is also different from the usual sweet recipes that we prepare during this month.
It is none other than the baked kadabu. This easy steamed-baked kadabus can be prepared for the Varamahalakshmi festival and for Ganesh Chathurthi as well.
The steamed-baked modaks or kadabus are a very traditional sweet dish that are prepared for important festivals. This sweet recipe is very nutritious along with being healthy as well. You can feed this to young kids and babies too and they will savour it!
So, have a look at this easy, tasty recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 45 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
Very Fine Rice Flour - 1/2 Kg
Grated Coconut - 3 Cups
Jaggery - 3 Cups (grated)
Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- For The Preparation Of Stuffing:
- Take a big pan, add water and the grated jaggery to it.
- Once the jaggery melts, add ghee and stir everything well.
- Now, add the grated coconut to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Then keep it aside.
- For The Preparation Of The Dough:
- Take a pan and add water to it.
- Then, slowly add the very fine rice flour to it and keep stirring.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Continue stirring for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the dough is formed.
- Let the dough cool down.
- Then, knead the dough, until it becomes soft.
- Then, take small round-shaped balls from the dough and flatten the dough.
- Then, take one spoon of the jaggery mixture and place it in the centre of the flatten dough.
- Cover the jaggery mixture with the dough (as you do in case of a modak)
- Place this in the pressure cooker and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the mentioned time, remove it from the pressure cooker and serve it hot.
The sweet baked kadabu tastes best when served hot and along with a spicy recipe (like nuchinunde).
So, try this sweet recipe and let us know your feedback.