It is shravan maasa, the season of festivals and sweets. Today we shall tell how to make the tasty Thambittu, a sweet dish made specially for Mangala Gowri Pooja (take a look at the vrata vidhan) and Nagara Panchami. The best part of making thambittu is that it can be done in three different ways. Take a look at how to go about with the tasty Thambittu recipe.
Thambittu Recipe 1: Gram Flour Thambittu (Hurigadale Thambittu)
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (dry coconut)
- Pinch of cardamom
- Ghee/ milk
1. Heat jaggery until it melts.
2. Grind gram flour, coconut and cardamom.
3. Add the ground flour to the jaggery syrup.
4. Make balls using ghee or milk. Tasty thambittu sweet dish is ready.
Thambittu Recipe 2: Wheat Flour Thambittu (Godi Thambittu)
Same as above except gram flour (replace gram flour with wheat flour).
1. Fry the wheat flour dry for a few minutes and then follow the same procedure mentioned above.
Thambittu Recipe 3: Rice Thambittu (Akki Thambittu)
Replace rice flour for the other flour listed above.
Procedure: Same procedure.