Singhara ka halwa is a Navratri vrat recipe. This sweet dish is served to people on fast. Singhara ka halwa is made with water chestnuts. Lets check out the recipe to make Singhara ka halwa for Navratri vrat.
Singhara ka halwa, Navratri vrat recipe:
1/2 kg (500 gms) water chestnut
150 gms mawa/khoa (thickened milk)
1 cup milk
125 gms sugar
1 tbsp ghee
chopped almonds and cashew nuts
¼ cardamom powder
Directions to make Singhara ka halwa, Navratri vrat recipe:
1. Peel the singharas and grate them. You can also make a thick paste of it in the grinder.
2. Heat a pan and put ghee. Fry the singhara paste in ghee for 8-10 minutes.
3. Grate mawa and add it in the paste. Mix after every 30-40 seconds till the colour changes to light brown. Mawa flavour comes after cooking for 30-45 minutes at medium flame.
4. In a small bowl, take little milk and soak saffron or add yellow colour. Keep it aside.
5. Boil milk in a container and add sugar. Stir well. After boiling milk for 8-10 minutes, add the thickened milk singhara paste and stir continuously till it thickens.
6. Add the yellow colour and then take it off the flame.
7. Garnish with nuts and cardamom powder.
Singhara ka halwa, Navratri vrat recipe is ready to eat. Serve it hot.