1-1/2 cup maida
1 cup channa dal
1 cup jaggery
1 tsp sooji
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp oil
A pinch turmeric
A pinch salt
Water as required
DIRECTIONS TO PREPARE
- Cook channa dal in the cooker
- Drain the entire water
- Add jaggery to the channa dal and cook for about 10 minutes
- Grind them without using water. Add cardamom and mix it well so that it becomes soft.
- Mix flour or maida with souji, turmeric and salt. Prepare a fine dough by adding oil and water to the mixture. Cover it with a lid and set aside the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Make a ball from the dough and spread it with your hands.
- Place a ball of channa mixture on it and cover with the dough. Seal the ends properly.
- Apply oil to a plastic paper, place the ready ball on it and roll it like a chapathi.
- Cook on a hot tava (pan) until it becomes golden brown
Your obbattu is ready to serve.