Obbattu is a famous Ugadi dessert. Indian dessert recipes are very simple and easy to prepare. Obbattu is an essential festival recipe and it's known as a popular south Indian dish. This Ugadi planning to prepare an Indian dessert recipe then obbattu is the best choice. This festival recipe has variety of flavours to suit your taste buds. Since Obbattu is a jaggery dish, the sweetener is not of very high calorie. Indian dessert recipes are known to be fattening, but this dish is roasted, so you will not put on excess weight.
1-1/2 cup maida
1 cup channa dal
1 cup jaggery
1 tsp sooji
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp oil
A pinch turmeric
A pinch salt
Water as required
DIRECTIONS TO PREPARE
- Cook channa dal in the cooker
- Drain the entire water
- Add jaggery to the channa dal and cook for about 10 minutes
- Grind them without using water. Add cardamom and mix it well so that it becomes soft.
- Mix flour or maida with souji, turmeric and salt. Prepare a fine dough by adding oil and water to the mixture. Cover it with a lid and set aside the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Make a ball from the dough and spread it with your hands.
- Place a ball of channa mixture on it and cover with the dough. Seal the ends properly.
- Apply oil to a plastic paper, place the ready ball on it and roll it like a chapathi.
- Cook on a hot tava (pan) until it becomes golden brown
Your obbattu is ready to serve.