Kheer recipes are popular throughout India. They are a favourite among all and are available in a range of flavours. Here we will try making kesar kheer with a few pistachios (pista) in it. This will add to an additional seasoning in the kheer recipe. Kesar pista kheer is mainly popular for its lovely aroma and flavouring.
The ingredients of this kheer recipe are very simple. The main
ingredients that adds to the fine blend of flavours in this Indian
dessert are kesar (saffron) and pista (pistachios). What makes this
kheer recipe ideal for all occasions is that it can be prepared
very easily. Let us see how to make this kesar pista kheer, which
is one of the most popular Indian desserts.
Preparation Time: 1Hour
- Ghee- Half cup
- Govind Bhog Or Basmati Rice- 1cup
- Milk- ½ lt
- Cardamom- 2-3
- Kesar (Saffron)- 1 pinch
- Pista (Pistachios)- 8-10 (broken into half)
- Sugar- 1 ½-2 cups
- Take a deep bottomed frying pan and add the ghee to it. Let it get heated over a low flame.
- Add the rice to the pan and fry it lightly over a low flame. Take it down before it turns reddish.
- Now take another deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and pour the milk into it. Keep it on a medium flame.
- Now keep stirring it slowly and bring it to simmer once the milk starts boiling.
- Drop the cardamom seeds into the milk. Remove it after 5-6 minutes.
- Now add the kesar and pista into it. Pour the rice into it now. Bring it to boil.
- Turn off the gas oven after the rice gets boiled properly.
- Your kesar pista kheer is now ready.
- Let the kesar pista kheer cool down. Keep it in the refrigerator for further cooling.
Serve chilled Kesar Pista Kheer garnished with dry fruits to your guests. Kheer recipes are popular all over the globe as an awesome Indian sweet dish. Kheer is also prepared on religious ceremonies to give it as an offering to the Gods.