What is Diwali without the circular ground wheels (fireworks) and the edible wheels, yes, we are talking about your favourite 'Jalebi recipe'. The yellow, sugary, web shaped sweet dishes are famous not only in India but even Bangladesh, Nepal and Pakistan. They are made with maida and gram flour and are then soaked in sugar syrup. Take a look to know how to make these diet sweets through our simple recipe.
Jalebi Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups maida flour
- 2 tsps gram flour
- 1 tsp ghee, melted
- 2 tbsps sugar (sugar free)
- 1 1/2 tsps active dry yeast (or soda)
- Water (for making batter)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 drops yellow food colour
- 2 cups refined oil for frying (refined sunflower oil)
- 1 3/4 cups lime-saffron syrup
Jalebi Recipe Preparation:
- If you are adding yeast then dissolve it with water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine gram flour, maida, ghee, lemon juice, sugar, food colour, water and yeast. Mix well into a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter into a pastry bag with a small opening at the tip.
- To the boiling oil, pour the batter in coils and deep fry.
- Drain the excess oil on cakes using paper towels and soak it in a warm lemon saffron syrup. Tasty jalebi recipe is ready.
Adding elaichi powder to the syrup will make the diet sweet all the more delicious.