Like every year, people are preparing to celebrate Lord Krishna’s birthday, Janmashtami, with pomp and vigour. Women keep fast for the well-being of their kids and they prepare several types of dishes for their dear ones and to break their fast.
It is said that Lord Krishna likes sweet dishes the most, so different types of barfi recipes can be made to offer to the Lord. Ghiya or lauki ka barfi for Krishna Janmashtami is an awesome option to try for this occasion.
Do you know how to make ghiya barfi recipe for Janmashtami? The recipe is very simple. If you want to make ghiya or lauki ka barfi for Krishna Janmashtami to surprise your family, you can try the easy recipe given below.
Also Read: Rava Ladoo For Janmashtami
The recipe is also nutritional for you and your kids as well. Ghiya or lauki is a fat-free vegetable that can keep you fit and fine. It contains vitamin C and other nutrients.
Besides, milk is used here which is a source of calcium when the dry fruits are a source of energy and healthy metabolism.
While following the ghiya barfi recipe for Janmashtami this year, you are also taking care of your family’s health. So,how to make ghiya or lauki ka barfi for Krishna Janmashtami? Keep reading!
Serves – 4
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
1. Bottle Gourd (Ghiya/Lauki) – 2 cups (grated)
2. Ghee - ¼th cup
3. Milk - 1 cup
4. Khoya - 1 ½ cups
5. Green Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
6. Cloves - 2
7. Sugar - 2 cups
8. Mixed Nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts) - ½ cup (chopped)
9. Grated Coconut - ½ cup
10. Chironjee (Sunflower seeds) - 1 tbsp
11. Magaz (Melon Seeds) – 1tsp
1. Peel off the ghiya and remove the seeds.
2. Take a grater and grate the ghiya finely.
3. Heat a wok and pour ghee in it. Now, add cloves and cardamom and also the grated ghiya in it.
4. Cook until the ghee starts to separate from the ghiya.
5. Add coconut and again stir for a few seconds.
6. Add in the boiled milk and sugar in it and mix everything well.
7. Add khoya and chopped nuts and cook until the whole mixture leaves the sides of the pan. It should turn completely sticky and dry.
8. Now, take a flat tray and grease it well with ghee. Spread the mixture evenly on the tray and let it cool.
9. Now, cut it in the shape of a barfi and garnish it with chironjee, magaz and other nuts.
10. Refrigerate it for that great taste.
Isn’t ghiya barfi recipe for Janmashtami super easy to prepare? You can offer this to one and all and give us your feedback.