'Gajar ka Halwa' - the most common dessert recipe at any occasion that is prepared to heighten the festive mood of the programs, is definitely what we've been used to feasting with.
Whether it is Diwali or Karwa Chauth, you can't imagine the festivity without Gajar ka Halwa. It is a sweet dish made with carrots, milk, cream, sugar and dry fruits.
On Karwa Chauth, all married women keep fast for the longevity and well-being of their husband. They keep the fast for the whole day and they break their fast after worshipping the moon, and taking water and food from their husbands' hand.
The idea of the entire occasion is very romantic and you can make it even more sweeter by making sweet recipes such as gajar ka halwa.
Here, we'll be sharing the complete recipe of gajar ka halwa and the ingredients that are required to prepare this. Take a look.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Ghee - 1 tbsp
2. Carrots - 2 cups (grated)
3. Milk - 2 tbsp
4. Sugar - 4 tbsp
5. Mawa - 4 tbsp
6. Raisins - 1 tbsp
7. Almonds - 1 tbsp (chopped)
8. Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
1. Take a pressure cooker and add ghee in it. Add grated carrots into it and mix it well with ghee.
2. Now, add milk into it. Stir everything well and cover it with the lid.
3. Let it be cooked for one whistle. Not more than that.
4. Now, remove the blanched carrot into a non-stick pan. It's time to add sugar in it. If you want it sweeter, you can add more sugar.
6. Mix it well and add mawa to make it creamier.
7. Stir well and add raisins, almonds, etc., and cardamom powder into the halwa and mix everything well.
8. Your Gajar ka Halwa is ready to be served.
10. Take it into a serving bowl and garnish with some chopped almonds.
Do try this recipe and let us know your feedback.