Modaks is a favorite sweet dish of the lord and can be made in two ways. One way of making it is by steaming and the other is frying. Fried modaks can be preserved long than steamed. See how to do it with this simple procedure.
Fried Modak Recipe For Ganesh Chaturthi -
For the Dough
- 2 cups plain flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp rava (chiroti rava)
- Oil for frying
- Pinch of salt
For the filling
- 1 cup powdered jaggery
- 1 cup fresh coconut (grated)
- 1/2 tsp elaichi powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
How To Make Fried Modaks -
1. Mix all the dough ingredients and knead well.
2. In a pan, fry jaggery, coconut, elaichi with ghee for 10 minutes. Leave the filling aside to cool.
3. Make small balls of the dough and roll it into flat round.
4. Add a teaspoon of the filling and bring all the ends together and seal it (like a momo).
5. Deep fry the modaks till golden brown and the tasty ganesh chaturthi recipe is ready.
Enjoy the delicious fried modaks with ghee. You can also make the the south indian “kadubu" with the same ingredients.