It is Navratri and you are having guests every day, isn't it? Are you looking for new recipes to surprise them? That's why we've shared this easy sweet rice recipe with you that you can prepare on one of the days. The best part, it can be prepared within minutes!
Navratri is the time of the year when you get time to spend with your family members, and especially with kids. So, why not bring a smile on their faces by making this special sweet recipe?
The ingredients are simple and the method is also easy to follow. So, have a look at the complete method below.
Serves - 6
Preparation Time - 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
1. Cooked Rice - 7 cups (cooled)
2. Sugar - 1½ cups
3. Cinnamon - 2-4 sticks
4. Bay leaves - 2
5. Cloves - 2-4
6. Ghee - 4 tbsp
7. Saffron - 2 pinches (soaked in warm milk)
8. Saffron food colour - a few drops
Also Read: Navratri Special: Badusha Recipe
1. Almond silvers - 1 tsp
2. Pistachio silvers - 1 tsp
1. Take cooked rice in a big bowl and add sugar into it. With the help of a spoon, mix two ingredients well.Take a non-stick pan and heat it at medium flame. Add ghee into it and let it warm.
2. Now, add cinnamon sticks, cloves and bay leaves into the ghee. Sauté everything well.
3. Add the rice you have prepared with sugar. Stir it well.
4. Add saffron, soaked in milk, and also add a few drops of saffron food colour. Mix well and let everything be cooked over medium flame for 4-5 minutes until the sugar melts.
5.You should stir it continuously until the water dries up completely.
6. Now, your sweet rice recipe is ready to be served. Take it out on a serving plate and garnish with almonds and pistachios. If you want, you can add a pinch of cardamom powder as well.
So, making sweet rice is that very easy! In many households, this dish is regarded to be very auspicious and is made before starting anything new.
Try this sweet rice recipe this Navratri and give us your feedback.