Karwa Chauth is an important festival in North India. Karwa Chauth is followed only by married women, specially from the states of Delhi, Rajasthan and Haryana.
Married women perform this festival for the well being of their husbands. The important part of this festival is fasting. Women observe fasting throughout the day. But once the ritual is completed, you can break the fast and have food. When you break the fast, it is always advisable to first have sweets.
Sweets are an important part of all Hindu festivals. So, today we at Boldsky, teach you how to prepare doodh peda. As the name says, doodh peda is made of milk. Eating peda or the sweet gives you lot of energy especially after you break your fast.
Preparing doodh peda is very easy. It is less time-consuming and the ingredients used are also easily available. You can also have this peda as the prashad.
So, let's start preparing doodh peda for Karwa Chauth.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preperation time - 15 minutes
- Butter (unsalted) - 200 gms
- Milk - 1 litre
- Milk Powder - 3 cups
- Take a pan and add some amount of unsalted butter. After the butter melts, add one liter of milk.
- After five minutes, add milk powder and stir it well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Heat the mixture in low flame.
- Continue stirring for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, the mixture becomes thick.
- Tranfer this to a bowl.
- Wait for five minutes and allow it to cool.
- Grease your hand with little ghee and make small round-shaped pedas.
- You can serve the delicious doodh peda for karwa chauth.
- Try this yummy sweet recipe and let us know your feedback.