Foods are the best part of any festival, right? After all, Christmas is so special to all because of cakes and pastries and imagining Diwali without 'Ghee ke Laddu' and 'Barfis' is impossible.
Though Durga Puja and Navratri don't have anything special in its bag, any type of special and experimental dishes and desserts can be made during this time to increase the festive mood.
Usually, people prefer to buy sweets from shops during Durga Puja, but making something at home is always special, isn't it?
Also Read: 16 Awesome Recipes For Navratri Fasting
That's why we've shared this special Dates and Apple Kheer recipe with you today. This is an easy preparation, which can be offered to Goddess Durga as well.
So, read on to know about the ingredients required and the method of preparation.
Serves - 2
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
• Apple - ¾th cup (diced with skin)
• Sugar - 1 tsp
• Water - 1 cup
• Low-fat milk - 2 cups
• Corn Flour - 2 tsp
• Dates - ¼th cup (chopped)
• Sugar Substitute - 2 tsp
• Walnuts - ¼th cup (finely chopped)
1. Take a deep-bottomed non-stick pan and add apples into it. Pour water into it and add sugar.
2. Let the apple cook for a few minutes. As apples don't take much time to be cooked, you don't need to wait for long.
3. Cook apples for 5-7 minutes to turn soft. Stir occasionally. When, you see that the apples have been cooked, remove the pan from the oven. Keep apples a little bit crunchy, so that it adds a layer to your taste.
4. Now, take another non-stick kadhai and add milk into it.
5. Take out ½ cup milk and cool it down. Add corn flour into it and mix it well. Let it dissolve well.
6. You don't need to boil milk much as you usually do while making normal kheer. When you see it boiling for the first time, mix the corn flour mix into it. Stir while mixing it, so that no lumps are formed. Now, add dates into the milk and stir continuously. Also, try to smash the dates with the help of a ladle, so that the aroma of the dates mixes well with the milk. Cook it on low-medium flame for 5-10 minutes and stir non-stop.
7. Now, turn off the gas oven and let the kheer be cooled off. Take it into a bowl and add apples and sugar substitute into it. Mix everything well.
8. Now, take a beautiful serving bowl and pour the kheer into it. Garnish it with walnuts. Serve the dessert chilled to have the best taste.
You are ready with the dates and kheer recipe. Even if you have diabetic family members or friends, they can also enjoy it without any hesitation.