Churma is coarsely ground wheat that is prepared with ghee and sugar or jaggery. You can very easily try a churma ladoo recipe using a very few ingredients. This is actually a Rajasthani recipe that is highly relished on all the occasions. Churma ladoo is usually high in calories, but special occasions do require an exception right? Ganesh Chaturthi is near and ladoo recipes are one of the most favourite for the occasion. So, why not try making a churma ladoo this time on the occasion.
This one of the very few Indian sweets recipe that has gained popularity as a sweet dish worldwide. The main ingredients of this Indian sweets recipe is wheat flour, coconut, jaggery, sesame and ghee. And another good part of making a churma ladoo is that it requires a very little time. Here is a simple ladoo recipe for making delicious ladoos at home.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Whole wheat flour- 3 cups
Sesame seeds- 4-5tbsp
- Coconut- 1 cup (grated)
- Jaggery- 1 ½ cups
- Ghee- 8-9 tbsp
- Take the whole wheat flour in a large container, add a little water and make a firm dough. Roll out the dough into small balls.
- Now place a frying pan over the gas oven and add 2tbsp of ghee
to it. Fry the dough balls in it over a low flame until golden
brown in colour.
- Then take it off the pan, let it cool and then put in a mixer grinder to make a fine powder out of it. Keep it aside.
- Add 1tbsp of ghee in the same pan. Fry the sesame seeds and coconut in it over a low flame for 3-4 minutes and then take it off. Keep this aside in a small container.
- Add the remaining ghee into the pan and fry the jaggery in it for 2-3 minutes on a low flame. Add 3-4tbsp of water to it and let it melt.
- Now add the fried wheat flour, sesame seeds and coconut to it. Mix well for 3-4 minutes on a low flame and then turn off the gas oven.
- Apply some ghee on your palms and make small round shapes with your hands. Repeat this for the whole mixture and your churma ladoos are ready to be served.
Serve them after they cool to room temperature to your guests.