On the occasion of Mahashivaratri, we thought of sharing a special recipe called the carrot papaya delight. Since many devotees wish to stay awake all night (jaagarane) and fast by chanting shiva mantras and devotional songs, we thought of sharing an easy and quick recipe that will help those who have gastric issues deal with the day. Take a look at the healthy recipe.
Carrot Papaya Delight – Special Shivaratri Recipe
1 Papaya (peel, de-seed and made pieces)
2. 4-5 carrots (grated)
3. 1 litre milk
4. 4-5 tsps of sugar
5. Pinch of elaichi powder
6. Saffron & Almonds (sliced)
Preparing carrot papaya delight:
1. Boil milk in a thick bottom vessel until it is reduced to half.
2. Cook the grated carrots and papaya slices up to 10 minutes in microwave.
3. Drain the extra water and mash the papayas coarsely.
4. Add them to the boiling with sugar and elaichi powder. Stir well.
5. Allow the carrot papaya delight to cool.
6. Refrigerate and serve by adding saffron almonds bits.
The mahashivaratri recipe is the best nutritious food for kids and the aged.