Boorelu is a tasty sweet dish for Ugadi. It is prepared with Bengal gram, jaggery or sugar and coconut. To enjoy the festive season with sweet dishes, check out boorelu recipe.
Boorelu recipe for Ugadi:
1/2 cup cup urad dal/minappappu/black gram dal
1 cup rice
1 cup bengal gram/sengapappu/channa dal
1 cup sugar or grated jaggery
1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
3/4 tsp cardamom powder
Directions to make boorelu, sweet dish for Ugadi recipe:
1. Wash black gram and rice together until clean water flows. Grind them into a fine paste with very less water. The batter should be fine and thick. Add a pinch of salt. Mix and keep it aside.
2. Add Bengal gram with water in a large deep vessel. Boil till the dal cooks. Now add jaggery or sugar in it. Mash the dal to dissolve it.
3. Cook till it thickens. Stir continuously as the dal can stick to the vessel bottom. Now put it off flame.
4. Add grated coconut, cardamom powder and mix well. Now make small balls round balls of it.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan. Dip the balls in black gram batter till a coat forms. After this, fry these balls till they become golden brown.
6. When the balls look golden brown and crunchy, take out from the oil and keep in tissue paper.
Boorelu is ready. You can serve this sweet pakora to guests this Ugadi!