Navaratri is coming soon and every household is preparing to welcome Goddess Durga. This is the biggest festival of the Hindu religion for which they wait throughout the year. If Navaratri means worship to Devi Durga, this festival also brings joy and happiness to everyone's life. Lights, décor, new dresses and jewelries are the ingredients to celebrate the occasion.
And when celebrating such a big festival, how can you forget about special foods? In India, no festival gets its highest rhythm until you talk about sweets and desserts. In this Navaratri, why not make Besan ki Barfi and heighten the festive mood of your family and friends.
Do you know how to make Besan ki Barfi? Here, you will get simple recipe to make Besan ki Barfi this Navaratri and offer to Goddess Durga as naivedyam. Have a look on the ingredients and recipe-
Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Cooking minutes- 20 minutes
Also Read: Coconut Poli With Singhara Atta
• Gram flour (besan)- 4 cups
• Pure Ghee- 2 cups (for greasing)
• Almonds- 10-12 (chopped)
• Pistachios- 10-12 (chopped)
• Sugar- 2 cups (powdered)
• Green Cardamom Powder- ½ tsp
Aren't these ingredients easy available? Now, if you are ready with these, follow the following simple recipe for Besan ki Barfi-
1. Take a deep bottomed pan and pour ghee into it.
2. Melt it well and add besan into it. Stir it continuously to make it golden brown.
3. You should stir continuously so that the mixture won't get burnt from the bottom.
4. When you get the perfect consistency of the mixture, add green cardamom powder. Now, add pistachios and almonds into it and stir well.
5. Stir the mixture once and add powdered sugar into it. Whisk it well so that no lumps are formed.
6. Take a flat container and grease all sides and bottom well with ghee.Use your hands to grease it well.
7.Transfer the besan mixture into that container.
8.Garnish with almonds from the top.
Let it set down for 2-3 hours before cutting it into the shapes of barfi.
Navratri special Besan ki Barfi is ready to serve. You can make it creamier and sweeter by using khoya and milkmaid. Also, you can use other dry fruits to make dry fruit barfi.