The Shravana masa or the festive season has began, and the first thing that comes to our mind are the sweets! Yes, that's right. Festivals are just incomplete without having your share of the sweets, isn't it?
During festivals, sometimes, the puja may consume a lot of time and energy, and you may find it difficult to prepare special sweets, as most of the time preparing sweets really does take a lot of time.
So, today we shall teach you a simple, yet yummy, sweet recipe that is generally a favourite to many of us. And the sweet is 'jahangir' or 'jangri'.
Also Read: 10 Easy Fasting Recipes For Shravan
Well, most of the time, you would have tasted jahangir in many shops. And have you ever wondered how to prepare this yummy sweet recipe? Well, let me tell you, this is the most simplest sweet recipe that you can prepare within minutes!
Then, what are you waiting for? Have a look at this simple jahangir sweet recipe for Shravana masa.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 45 minutes
- Urad Dal - 2 cups
- Cornflour - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Red Colouring Agent - 1 to 2 drops
- Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom - 1 to 2
- Pipping bag
Also Read: Healthy Moong Dal Sweet Recipe
- Soak the ural dal for about 4 to 5 hours.
- After the mentioned time, drain the water and grind the ural dal to make it into a smooth paste.
- When you grind the mixture, add only half a cup of water.
- Meanwhile, take a pan and add water.
- To the same pan, add sugar.
- Note that the sugar should completely immerse in water.
- Now, add the powdered cardamom to the sugar syrup.
- Cook the sugar syrup in low flame. Once the thickness is formed, keep the pan aside.
- After the urad dal becomes soft, transfer it to a bowl.
- To the bowl, add cornflour, rice flour and the red colouring agent.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now take the pipping bag and add the ural dal mixture to it.
- Heat some oil (in sim mode) in the pan.
- After it has heated up, pipe the mixture in a round shape (that is in a jahangir form).
- Deep fry the jahangirs.
- Later, transfer the deep-fried jahangirs to the sugar syrup and dip them.
- Then, take out the jahangirs and transfer them on to a plate.
Serve the hot jahangirs for the festive occasion and let us know your feedback.