Among the auspicious Muslim festivals that is celebrated, Ramzan is a very important festival, in which people all around the globe undergo fasting during this holy month.
Though fasting is the main theme of the festival, people are allowed to have food before sunrise and after sunset.
During this period, it is very important to stay fit and healthy throughout the day, for which you need to consume healthy and nutritious foods all along the month.
Also Read: 20 Curried Murg Recipes For Ramzan
During Ramzan, 'dates' or "khajoor" has a special importance.
Dates has several health benefits, which is taken especially during the fasting period of Ramzan. It provides nutrition and is rich in iron, calcium, glucose, etc.
The best part of eating dates and recipes with dates is that it controls your hunger pangs during the day.
So, as a special recipe for Ramzan, have a look at this special, delicious dates barfi recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Seedless Dates - 200 g
- Pistachio - 1/2 cup
- Dried Grapes - 1/2 cup
- Badam/Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Cashews - 1/2 cup
- Poppy Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Prunes - 1/2 cup
Also Read: 15 Kebab Recipes Not To Miss This Ramzan
- Chop the dates into smaller pieces. Transfer them to a mixy jar and grind them.
- Since the dates are a little hard, grind them until they become soft.
- After the dates become soft, tranfer this on to a plate.
- Now, take a pan, add some ghee.
- Then, add the poppy seeds.
- Add rest of the chopped dried fruits to the pan.
- Saute them well.
- Now, add the ground dates mixture to the pan.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Make sure that the ingredients do not stick to the pan.
- After five minutes, you can see the content becoming slightly hard.
- Meanwhile, take a plate and grease it with some ghee.
- Tranfer the dates barfi mixture on to the plate.
- Spread the content across the plate.
- Store this in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Later, cut it into your desired shape in the form of a barfi.
Serve this delicious dates barfi recipe to your family.
Prepare the yummiest sweet recipe and let us know your feedback.