We are just two days away from celebrating the most joyous festival that is Christmas. It is that time of the year when the entire world comes together to celebrate the birthday of the Lord Jesus Christ.
So, on this very special occasion, we shall share with you one of the important recipes for Christmas, that is the candy cane. There is a significance behind having candy canes during Christmas time. Have you ever wondered why candy canes are always red and white in colour and in the shape of a 'J'?
In a candy cane, the white colour symbolises peace and the red colour symbolises the blood of lord Jesus. And the shape of the candy cane is J, which means Jesus and that he is there to solve all our problems and is always with us.
After knowing the significance of candy canes, it is time for us to prepare this very important recipe for Christmas.
Let's start by having a look at the recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 40 minutes
Preparation time - 10 minutes
- Sugar - 4 cups
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tablespoons
- Red food colouring - 1 tablespoon
- Corn syrup - 1/2 teaspoon
- Peppermint - 1 tablespoon
- Take a pan, add 3 cups of sugar, corn syrup and then add water.
- Stir it well, so that the sugar dissolves in the water.
- Make sure the sugar syrup boils and then add the peppermint oil. Continue stirring.
- Pour half of the mixture on to a silicon sheet.
- To the other half, add the red colouring mixture and keep stirring.
- Then keep the white sugar mixture in an oven at 50 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Now, take out the mixture from the oven.
- Neatly knead the mixture and then roll it in the silicon sheet and keep it again in the oven.
- Repeat the same thing for the red mixture too.
- Keep both the mixtures side by side.
- Then knead the mixture and roll it. If you feel the mixure is too hard, keep it in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Make equal rolls of both mixtures.
- Now, place four rolls together that is each roll one above the other.
- Knead the rolls (twist) again and cut them in your desired shape.
- Prepare this awesome recipe and let us know your feedback.