Desserts are loved by everyone. After a meal, you cannot leave the dining table without having few bites of a dessert. If you do not have dessert, your mouth keeps craving for some sweet dish to rejuvenate your mood. Strawberry is one of the hot picks. When it comes to dessert, win hearts and satisfy your taste buds by preparing some strawberry dessert. Here is the simple recipe to make strawberry shortcake with almonds.
Strawberry and almonds shortcake
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Butter- ½ cup
- Sugar- 1 ½ cup
- Eggs- 4
- Baking powder- ½tsp
- All purpose flour(maida)- 3 cups
- Almonds- 1 cup (sliced)
- Almond liquor- 1tsp
- range zest- 2tsp
- Whipped cream cone
- Strawberry slices
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar. Whip till the sugar dissolves and the butter melts. When the mix becomes a smooth and creamy paste, keep it aside.
- Add eggs, salt, baking powder, zest of oranges and mix well. Beat the eggs completely into a foamy mix. Pour the almond liquor and mix again.
- Now add the all purpose flour (maida) to the bowl. Whisk till it becomes thick and smooth.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and spread the mix in it.
- Spread the almonds over the batter. Bake the batter at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes in the oven.
- Check with a tooth pick and see if the cake is cooked or not. If it is done, take out the baking dish and let it cool.
Take out the cake and garnish with whipped cream, strawberry slices and almonds. Cut into small shortcakes and serve. You can also experiment with this dessert recipe. Grease few biscuit pieces with the cream and then serve it as a sweet snack.