Pancakes is a classic and traditional breakfast recipe and as Christmas is around the corner, you can try this sweet and delicious pancake. This pancake recipe is topped with strawberry sauce. Kids for sure would love this Christmas treat. So just try this easy to prepare pancake recipe with strawberry sauce.
Pancake with strawberry sauce, breakfast recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- All purpose flour- ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour- ½ cup
- Eggs- 2
- Milk- ½ cup
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Baking powder- a pinch
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Vanilla essence- ½ tsp
For strawberry sauce
- Strawberries- 1 cup (15-20 ounces)
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Maple syrup- 2tbsp
- Take a large bowl. Add all purpose flour, wheat flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, buttermilk and honey. Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now add the wet whisked ingredients from the bowl in the flour bowl. Mix well so that no lumps are formed. Mix for 1-2 minutes till the batter becomes fluffy.
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan/skillet on a medium flame. Now pour little batter on the pan and cook on a medium flame for about 2 minutes. When the pancake starts bubbling, flip and cook till both the sides turn golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, blend the strawberries into a puree. Boil in a deep bottomed pan till it thickens. Stir in lemon juice and maple syrup. Keep in a bowl.
- When the pancakes are ready, serve them in a plate and pour the strawberry sauce over it.
Garnish the pancake with strawberry slices. You can also sprinkle confectioners sugar to decorate the breakfast plate.