Pancakes are thin round cakes that are prepared on a pan. They are quickly baked cakes with a stuffing inside them. Pancakes can be served at any time of the day with a variety of fillings. You may use jam, chocolate chips, potatoes, meat or even fish for the fillings.
If some unexpected guests knock your door all of a sudden then there is nothing to worry about. You can serve a pancake recipe within a very short time. Use the leftovers in your kitchen for the fillings in the pancakes and create a savoury recipe. Here we will create a pancake recipe using potatoes, tomatoes and onions for our fillings.
Preparation Time- 30 nminutes
For The Pancakes:
- Cornflour- 1 cup
- Flour(maida)- 1 cup
- Eggs- 1
- Milk- ½ cup
- Baking Powder- ¼tsp
- Vanilla Extract-1tsp
- Sugar- ½ tbsp
- Butter- 3-4tbsp
- Salt- To taste
For The Fillings
- Potatoes- 5-6
- Onions- 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2tbsp
- Tomatoes- 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Chilli Powder- 1tsp
- Vegetable Oil- 1-2 tbsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Take the corn flour, flour, egg, milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, sugar, butter and some salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Keep on stirring the mixture for about 4-5 minutes and then keep it aside.
- Boil the potatoes in some water over a gas oven. Peel the potatoes and mash them.
- Now take 1-2tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and add the chopped onions to it.
- After the onions turn golden brown add the ginger garlic paste, mashed potatoes, tomatoes, chilli powder and some salt to it. Stir well for 2-3 minutes over a medium flame. Keep it aside.
- Now take another pan and put some butter into it.
- Take about a quarter cup of the batter for each of the pancakes and spread it on the frying pan. Brown it on both sides.
- Take about 1-2tbsp of the mixture for the filling and spread it on each pancake.
- Fold half the pancake and roll it up.
- Your pancake is now ready to be served.
The filing in a pancake recipe can be of your choice. You may use this recipe for making yummy pancakes that will definitely lure the taste buds of your loved ones.