How to prepare a chocolate Easter bun recipe? Good Friday and then Easter, two major festivals of the Christians are on the way. And when it comes to any festivals or occasions, food is the most important thing that bears the true spirit of it.
If cakes and pastries are for Christmas, cookies and candies represent Halloween; Easter bun, especially the hot cross buns, is inevitable in Easter and Good Friday. So, why not try chocolate Easter bun recipe this year?
Jelly Bean Vodka: Easter Cocktail Recipe
The traditional hot cross bun recipe includes flour, yeast, raisins, cinnamon, cloves, eggs, sugar and milk. But, kids love chocolate.
So, you can add chocolate and make the chocolate Easter bun recipe to please your children. Actually, innovative ideas can make your preparation more interesting.
And when it is a sweet dish, chocolate is a wonderful element to combine with the recipe. Do you know how to prepare the chocolate Easter bun recipe?
10 Best Recipes For Easter
Here, you will get the easy recipe for chocolate Easter bun. Try this recipe this year and make your Good Friday more interesting.
You can also make vanilla bun or use fruits to stuff the buns with and there is no doubt how yummy these will taste. So, take a look at the ingredients and measurement and make your children happy.
Serves - 10
Preparation Time - 40 minutes
Baking Time - 12-15 minutes
1. White flour – 400 g
2. Cocoa Powder – 2 tsp
3. Chocolate Chips – 100 g (Milk or dark, choose as you like)
4. Salt – 1 tsp
5. Yeast – 3 tsp
6. Mixed Spice – 1 tsp
7. Golden Caster Sugar – 75 g
8. Eggs - 2
9. White Butter – 80 g
10. Warm Milk – 200 ml
11. Raisins or Current – 80 g
12. Water if necessary
For the glaze and hot cross
13. Apricot Jam – 2 tsp
14. Plain Flour – 30 g
1. Take a bowl and mix flour, salt, chocolate chips, cocoa powder and the mixed spice. Mix it well and then add caster sugar and yeast to it.
2. Make a hole in the centre and pour milk, beaten eggs and butter. Again mix the mixture with a wooden spatula. If the dough gets too dry, add warm water to make it soft.
3. Now, add some flour onto the surface and put the dough on it. Knead it for about 10 minutes. Make the dough silky smooth.
4. Take another bowl and brush it lightly with some butter. Put the dough inside it and cover it with cling film, so that it can rise.
5. Again put the arisen dough on the floured surface and knead in with more chocolate chips and raisins or current.
6. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces and place small chocolate chunks inside every piece.
7. Now, shape the pieces into small and round buns, so that the chocolate chunks stay in the centre.
8. Take a baking sheet and place the buns in a row, leaving 1cm gap between each bun.
9. Cover the tray with another buttery cling film and leave it to rise for an hour.
10. Preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius. Mix plain flour with water and pour it into an icing bag and make crosses over each bun.
11. Bake it for 12-15 minutes and turn the baking sheet for even baking at every side.
12. Warm apricot jam and brush it over each bun immediately after taking the buns out of the oven.
13. Cool those and serve them. Brush butter if you want to.
Now, you know the chocolate Easter bun recipe. Prepare it at home this Good Friday and enjoy the Easter festival with your friends and family.