Homemade Biscuit Recipe For Teddy Day
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tsp baking powder or baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (butter)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift the flour well and combine with baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut the shortening with fork and blend well until its crumbs.
- Pour milk into flour mixture and keep stirring. Mix well into soft dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough evenly (' inch thick sheet) and cut with cookie cutter. Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
- Place them on the ungreased baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Crunchy homemade biscuits are ready.