This homemade biscuit recipe we are to share is easy and quick. Since it is the teddy bear day, we were reminded about those biscuits that were made in the form of teddies and served with a glass of milk. We hardly find them now so preparing the recipe for kids will remind us those good old days and what better occasion than valentines. Take a look at the biscuit preparation.
Homemade Biscuit Recipe For Teddy Day
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tsp baking powder or baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (butter)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift the flour well and combine with baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut the shortening with fork and blend well until its crumbs.
- Pour milk into flour mixture and keep stirring. Mix well into soft dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough evenly (' inch thick sheet) and cut with cookie cutter. Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
- Place them on the ungreased baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Crunchy homemade biscuits are ready.