We all love a delicious piece of cake, don't we? However, of late cakes have become way too expensive. So, for a change, why don't you try a cake recipe at home? If you are ready for it, we shall share an awesome strawberry cake recipe with you today.
Cakes are one thing that you can have at any time of the day, infact when you are awake at night, hungry and wondering what to eat, these yummy treats are the best options.
The one thing that is common while preparing cakes is eggs. So, in the strawberry cake recipe too, we can add an egg to enhance its taste. However, if you are a vegetarian, you can avoid this step.
Strawberry cake recipe is less time consuming and tastes just awesome. So, why wait? Let's start with it, shall we?
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Preperation Time - 15 minutes
- Strawberries - 10 ( slice it vertically )
- Egg - 2 cup
- Sugar - 2 cup
- Maida ( all purpose flour) - 1 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence - 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, add butter, sugar, vanila essence, baking soda, baking powder, maida, cocoa powder and egg.
- Beat the ingredients well.
- Now, add the curd and beat it thoroughly.
- Now, take a 9-inch pan and crease it with butter.
- Transfer the mixture on to the pan.
- Place the sliced strawberry pieces on top of the mixture.
- In a pressure cooker with water, add 1/2 cup of salt. Keep the cake mixture tin/pan on top of it.
- You need to pressure cook the mixture for 30 minutes without putting the whistle on.
After 30 minutes, your yummy delicious strawberry cake is ready to be served.