Winter is almost here and it is the time for cakes and cookies. As winter is the time for several fruits and dry fruits, you can make different types of flavoured cookies, biscuits and cakes.
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti is one such mouth-watering preparation that can make your kids go crazy while having it.
Do you know how to make this lip-smacking dish? If you have passion for baking, you would love to make it for your family. The ingredients are not difficult to get as well. So, have a look at the ingredients required and the method to prepare this snack.
Serves - 10 slices
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 40 minutes
1. Dried Cranberries - 1 cup
2. Pistachios - 1½ cup
3. Refined Flour - 2½ cups
4. Melted Butter - 1 cup
5. Icing Sugar - 1½ cup
6. Egg - 2
7. Baking Powder - ¼th tsp
8. Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
9. Salt - a pinch
1. Put the cranberries and pistachios into a blender and blend them coarsely. Now, add melted butter, eggs, refined flour, a pinch of salt and obviously, icing sugar. Blend everything well and you will get a sticky dough.
2. Remove it into a bowl. The mixture will be very sticky because of the cranberries. Add some refined flour into it and roll out the dough with your hands.
3. Now, dust some refined flour on the cooking top and give the dough a cylindrical shape. Flatten the top. Take a baking tray and place the dough over it. Preheat the oven for 160 degree Celsius and bake it for 20-22 minutes.
4 Bring it out and cool it down for 10 minutes. Cut it into slices. You will see that biscottis are not cooked yet from the inside. Then, place the slices on the baking tray and bake it again for 10 minutes.
5. Bring it out and taste it. You will see your biscotti being crispy, crunchy and tangy because of the cranberries.
You can now serve your guests some cranberry pistachio biscottis with coffee.