This easy dessert recipe can be your pick for the day because it is serious easy. All you have to do in this pastry recipe is make a normal cake mix and add lots of chocolate to it. It will take you about 10 minutes of preparation time and 20 minutes of baking time try this easy dessert recipe and you have a chocolate dessert par excellence.
Ingredients For Devil's Own Chocolate Pastry:
1. Cake mix 1 pack (any basic cake mix)
2. Butter 50 grams
3. Cocoa powder 2 tablespoons
4. Chocolate drink powder 2 tablespoons
5. Eggs 2
6. Dry fruits of your choice handful (almonds, pistachios etc.)
7. Baking soda 1 pinch
8. Fine sugar 1 cup
9. Chocolate sauce 1 cup
Procedure For Making Chocolate Pastry:
- Mix the cake mix with one cup of water. Add the cocoa powder, chocolate drink powder and sugar to it.
- You need to check the sugar content of the cake mix before you add sugar. If it is very high then adjust the sugar quantity accordingly.
- Add the butter and then eggs. Beat the mixture with a electronic beater or manually for 5 minutes.
- Add the dry fruits (and chocolate chips if you want) and drizzle the baking soda into the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set the batter in a greased microwavable dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baked dish from the pan and when it cools sufficiently cut it into rectangular pieces. Drizzle chocolate sauce on it and refrigerate for an hour.
Serve this chocolate pastry as a Chocolate Day special.