Chocolate cornflakes is not the normal cocoa flavoured stuff you get in the market. This a special cornflakes recipe for fussy kids who don't eat their breakfast properly. Chocolate cornflakes is an easy chocolate recipe that you make with drinking chocolate and cornflakes to give your naughty kid a wholesome breakfast. Only a mother knows how difficult it is to feed kids and this cornflakes recipe is specially from one mother to another.
The best part about this recipe is that it is an Indian microwave recipe too! Yes, you can try this cornflakes recipe in microwave. So no more smoke or soot in your eyes. Being an Indian microwave recipe it also cooks faster and healthier. If you are short of ideas for kid's food then here is dish that your child will wolf up in minutes.
Ingredients For Chocolate Cornflakes:
1. Flour-1 and half cups
2. Sugar half a cup
3. Cornflakes-1 cup
5. Dry fruits like almonds, raisins, cashew-50 grams (chopped into small pieces)
6. Drinking Cocoa-4 tablespoons
7. Butter-50 grams
8. Milk-1 cup
9. Chocolate bar-1 large ones
Procedure For Chocolate Cornflakes:
- Melt the butter in the microwave by heating for 2 minutes at maximum power.
- Meanwhile take a mixing bowl; mix the flour, sugar, drinking cocoa, cornflakes and the chopped dry fruits in it. Crush the cornflakes as you mix and make a batter by beating in the eggs.
- Pour the melted butter over it and stir it to mix well.
- Now pre-heat the microwave oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and pour the batter you prepared into it.
- Let it get baked for about 20 minutes in the oven and then give it standing time of ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a pan on the gas and when it starts bubbling put the bars of chocolate in it. Let it melt and mix together to form milk chocolate.
- Pour this over the cooled bake and refrigerate for at least an hour.
You can cut Chocolate cornflakes into pieces and serve it as crispy chocolaty pastries.