Change of weather leads to cold, cough and fever. This is because the body takes time to adjust from a hot summer week to rainy days. Thus, lack of immunity and antibodies, a person suffers from viral fever, cold and cough due to weather changes. To fight these health problems, there are many healthy dishes and fluids that are good for the body. As the season is warm or cold in most parts of the country, it is time to you start warming up your body with a bowl of hot soup.
Soups are healthy, low in fat and filled with proteins. So, to fight health problems, stay fit and also avoid weight gain, you can include a bowl of soup in your diet. Tomato soup is one of the easiest and healthiest soup that is made in almost every household. Tomato soup has many health benefits as it helps lose weight, prevents heart diseases and also strengthens bones, teeth, vision etc. We all know how to make tomato soup. Lets check out the recipe to make tomato soup in Rajasthani style.
Tamatar ka soup (tomato soup) in Rajasthani style recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Tomatoes- 4-5
- Split green gram/moong dal- 1tbsp (soaked and drained)
- Onion- 2 (roughly sliced)
- Garlic pods- 7-8 (minced)
- Roasted cumin seeds- 2tsp (powdered)
- Black pepper powder- 2tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Dry pudina powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves- chopped
- Bean sprouts- ¼ cup
- Whipped cream- 2tbsp
- Bread soup sticks- 2
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut them into medium sized pieces. Pressure cook for 2-4 whistles in water.
- Let it cool. Now grind the tomatoes and make a fine paste out of it. Strain and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. You can also use olive oil if you are on diet and wish to avoid purified butter.
- Add onions, moong dal, garlic pods and saute on low flame for a minute. When onion turns golden brown, sprinkle salt, cumin seeds powder, black pepper powder and red chilli powder.
- Immediately pour the grounded tomato puree and stir on medium flame for 3 minutes.
Serve the tomato soup in a soup bowl and garnish with whipped cream, bean sprouts and coriander leaves. Place bread sticks on the corner and enjoy this delightful soup to treat cold and cough. Your itchy throat or blocked nose will definitely cure and you will also be relaxed to have a bowl of hot soup after a hectic day. What more do you need? You do not need to worry about weight gain too!