Its soup time in your kitchen. Give a treat to your taste buds this monsoon with this delightful cream and onion soup. What can please you more than a bowl full of an onion soup? The secret ingredients in this cream and onion soup is simply some onions, potato and cream.
Get addicted to this lovely onion soup recipe. You do not even have to search for its ingredients in the market as its composition is very simple. This hale and hearty bowl full of cream soup recipe will delight your kids too. This cream and onion soup can be served both as a lunch or dinner and can even be added to your appetizer list.
Watch the lovely weather through your windows and get a taste of this onion soup recipe. Here is the cream soup recipe for you.
Recipe (Serves 4)
- Onions- 8 (medium sized)
- Butter- 4-5tbsp
- Potatoes- 1 (medium sized, finely chopped)
- Cream- ½cup
- Chilli Powder- 1tsp
- Vegetable Stock- 1 cup
- Salt- To taste
- Pepper- 2tsp
- Wafers- 4
- Heat a frying pan over a gas oven add 1tbsp of butter into it.
- Pour the 7-8 finely chopped onions and potatoes into the pan and sprinkle some salt and chilli powder on it.
- Stir well over a low flame.
- After they are fried golden brown add the vegetable stock into it.
- Bring it to sim and cover it with a lid.
- After 10 minutes take off the lid from the pan and turn off the gas oven.
- Now pour the contents of the pan into a mixer and let it blend well for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the blender and again put the entire mixture on a gas oven over medium flame.
- Now add the cream into it to bring some consistency to the cream soup recipe.
- Let it boil for 3-4 minutes and bring it down from the oven.
- Pour the cream and onion soup in 4 bowls and sprinkle pepper over them.
- Its garnishing time now. Dip one wafer into each bowl of cream and onion soup and spread leftover coarsely chopped onions over them.
- Your soup is now ready to be presented to your guests or family members.
This cream and onion soup is not only very easy to prepare but has health benefits too. It is full of carbohydrates, fiber and proteins. The soft and supple nature of this cream soup recipe will definitely ensure that you get many praises for your culinary skills.