Chicken rice soup is one of the most popular soup recipes all over the world. A rice soup tastes awesome along with the other flavours added to it. And a nice weather especially calla for the soup recipes to being made in the kitchen. Chicken soup recipes are popular with almost all the non-vegetarians. If asked to order something from the appetisers list in a restaurant then the majority of them would go for a chicken soup recipe.
You can have chicken rice soup at any time of the day as this is very easy to make. Also if you have lost the taste and appetite for foods due to illness, then a chicken rice soup will give you much delight. You can also add vegetables to this chicken soup. Here is the recipe for making chicken rice soup.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Chicken- 250-300 grams (boneless and chopped into small pieces)
- Basmati Rice- ½ cup
- Onions- ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Celery- 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Black Pepper Powder- 2-3tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Butter- 2tbsp
- Take the chicken pieces and the basmati rice in a pressure cooker and add enough water. Also add some salt and let it whistle at least 2 times on a medium flame. Open the lid of the cooker after the pressure releases. Keep aside.
- Take a deep bottomed frying pan and keep on a medium flame. Add half the butter to it.
- Fry the onions in butter on a low flame till golden in colour. Then add the ginger, celery and lemon juice. Saute the whole mixture for a few minutes on a low flame.
- Add the sugar, black pepper powder and some salt to it. Fry for 1-2 minutes and then add the boiled chicken and rice along with the water.
- Keep boiling till the entire mixture becomes a bit thick. Turn off the gas oven and before bringing it down, add the remaining butter to it.
- Your chicken rice soup is now ready.
Serve the chicken rice soup in nice small soup balls and garnish with some black pepper powder and bread sticks.