Hibiscus tea was originally a sweet drink served at Egyptian wedding and gained popularity from there on. There are many hibiscus tea recipes but the the way they use it to make a special Caribbean drink for the beach is just amazing. Here is a tea recipe that will make your health drink into a pleasure drink!
Ingredients For Hibiscus Tea Recipe:
1. Hibiscus (flower or dried extracts)
2. Warm water-4 cups
4. Sugar-3 teaspoons
5. Cinnamon sticks-2
Procedure For Making Hibiscus Tea:
- Boil the dried hibiscus flower or extracts in 4 cups of water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add cinnamon sticks after 8 minutes. The alternative is to use cinnamon powder but cinnamon sticks make more sense because they are natural and you are going to strain the liquid anyway before you serve.
- You can either squeeze the lemon and put slices of it in the boiling liquid. If you add slices of lemon with the peel then a bitter understate will be retained in the tea. Some may love it and other may not. So depending on the tastes of the drinker it can be added accordingly.
- After 10 to 15 minutes when the brewing process is over, strain the liquid and allow it to cool down.
- Refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving as it is served chilled.
- Pour it in beer mugs, add lots of ice (either crushed or cubes) and garnish with slices of orange.
Your Hibiscus tea is ready to drink. It is drink meant for the hot and humid tropics but you can enjoy it on your beach holiday as well.