If you want to make some quick snack for the day then here it is, the crisp vegetable rings. The rings are easy to make as you can use any boiled or raw vegetables as ingredients. Take a look to know how to go about with the vegetarian recipe.
Although deep fried, it is a healthy recipe as it contains spiced and diced vegetables. Here is the procedure.
Vegetable Rings Recipe
- 1 cup of sliced capsicum/ potato/ cabbage/ lettuce/ onions/ oregano leaves/ ridge gourd / bitter gourd (you can spice and dice if you like)
- 2 cups of gram flour (preferably bengal gram, available in Asian stores)
- 1 cup rice flour/ all purpose flour
- 1 ' cup water
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ' tsp chilli powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- Oil for frying
Making Vegetable Rings:
1. Prepare a thin batter of all the listed ingredients (do not add the vegetables)
2. Dip the slices in batter and deep fry til golden brown. Tasty vegetable rings are ready.
Enjoy the snack recipe with tomato, chilli or mustard sauce.