Bread bonda, snacks with bread, recipes with bread, bread recipes, easy recipes with bread.
In this busy and hectic life, we may find less time to cook food. However, there is one food item that is definetly available in everyone's house and that is 'bread'. Yes, in many houses bread toast is a common breakfast option, which we enjoy having with tea or coffee.
Bread can not only be prepared as a toast, but used in the preparation of many items as well. One of the best recipes that can be prepared with bread is the bread bonda. Bread bonda can be a true delight if you're having it during a chilly day with hot coffee. Yummmm!
Bread bonda can be prepared using potatoes, onions and green chillis. As the bread is soft, when it is fried in oil, it turns out to be very crispy and tasty.
So why wait, lets start by having a look at the recipe.
Serves - 4
Preperation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Bread - 6 slices
- Potatoes - 3 (boiled and smashed)
- Onions - 1 cup
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Green chillies - 4 to 5
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/4th teaspoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- For stuffing: Take a pan add oil to it. After this has heated add cumin seeds, potatoes, onions, green chillis and chilli powder.
- Saute it well. Now add salt and mix it well.
- Take the bread slices and cut the edges of the bread.
- Divide each bread slice into 4 equal parts.
- Now take one of the sliced pieces and gently dip it in the milk and take it out.
- (Make sure to dip only a layer of the bread, so that it doesn't become too soft)
- Take a spoonful of the stuffing mixture and place it in the centre of the the bread piece.
- Cover the bread neatly, so that there are no openings at the sides.
- Take a pan, add oil to deep fry the bread bondas.
- Once it has heated, add the stuffed bread.
- Deep fry until the bondas turn to a reddish brown colour.
- Remove them from the pan once fried.
- Serve the hot and spicy bread bondas with sauce.
- Do try this yummy recipe and let us know your feedback.