Rice balls are most preferred items in Italy and some parts of India (mostly southern). Although the preparation and ingredients differ, they have the same name. In Italy the rice balls are crispy appetizers while in India, it is a part of the main course. Today, we shall the share the Italian appetizer rice balls so that you can prepare the snack and surprise your family being a classic chef. Take a look
Italian Appetizers: Spicy Rice Balls
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- ' cup parsley (finely chopped/minced)
- 2-3 tsps alfredo sauce (while serving)
- Oil for frying
- Salt if required
- Pinch of peppercorn powder
Making Crispy Rice Balls:
1. Pressure cook rice for 10 minutes.
2. While rice is still warm, add peppercorn powder, cheese, bread crumbs, chopped herbs and salt.
3. Make balls of the mixture and deep fry in oil. Crispy golden balls are ready to eat.
Enjoy the Italian appetizer hot hot with alfredo sauce.
This snack recipe serves 8.