Tofu is very healthy as it is a soya bean extract. The protein rich food with spice can be a part of meal every week. Even the diet freaks can prefer this Chinese appetizer recipe with less oil and more vegetables.
Chinese Appetizer Recipe
- 1/2 pound pressed and firm tofus (pieced and dried)
- Any refined oil for frying
- 2 green onions (chopped finely)
- 1 capsicum/chili pepper (chopped finely)
- ' tsp ginger paste
- 1-2 chillies (sliced)
- ' tsp salt and pepper seasoning mix
Preparing Pepper Tofu:
1. Deep fry the tofu pieces in oil until golden brown and crisp. Drain all the excess oil using paper towels.
2. In a separate pan, fry the chopped vegetables with spices ( upto 30 seconds) and add the deep fried tofus.
Serve the pepper tofus hot with lemon dipping sauce, white sauce or even tomato sauce.