When it comes to food, the Chinese rock!. Their delicacies are spicy, have varieties and very colourful. Although the Chinese appetizer recipes are relatively limited for vegetarians, we have managed to pick an easy and healthy one. Take a look to know how to make the easy pepper tofu recipe in steps.
Tofu is very healthy as it is a soya bean extract. The protein rich food with spice can be a part of meal every week. Even the diet freaks can prefer this Chinese appetizer recipe with less oil and more vegetables.
Chinese Appetizer Recipe
- 1/2 pound pressed and firm tofus (pieced and dried)
- Any refined oil for frying
- 2 green onions (chopped finely)
- 1 capsicum/chili pepper (chopped finely)
- ' tsp ginger paste
- 1-2 chillies (sliced)
- ' tsp salt and pepper seasoning mix
Preparing Pepper Tofu:
1. Deep fry the tofu pieces in oil until golden brown and crisp. Drain all the excess oil using paper towels.
2. In a separate pan, fry the chopped vegetables with spices ( upto 30 seconds) and add the deep fried tofus.
Serve the pepper tofus hot with lemon dipping sauce, white sauce or even tomato sauce.