By fried chicken, we mostly understated fast food. But the Indian style fried chicken is a classic street food genre on its own. This Indian chicken recipe that is very well popular on the streets can easily be made in your own kitchen. The Indian style fried chicken is a notoriously spicy chicken recipe. So those who have bland tongues should not dare to try this Indian chicken recipe.
It is batter fried and a spicy chicken recipe, so by no means a health freaks idea of 'good food'. But there is nothing like a piece of spicy fried chicken to munch on when you are having a quite evening with friends!
Ingredients For Indian Fried Chicken:
- Chicken pieces (medium) 1
- Onion 1 (chopped
- Garlic 5 pods (minced)
- Green chillies 5 (chopped)
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Gram flour or besan 2 cups
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves 5-6
- Oil 4 tbsp (for deep frying)
- Salt as per taste
Procedure For Indian Fried Chicken:
1. Make deep incisions into the chicken pieces so that it can absorb the marinade.
2. Marinate the chicken salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice. Refrigerate for an hour.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix besan, green chillies, onions, garlic, cumin powder, coriander and curry leaves. Add half a cup of water and mix it into a thick paste. Drench the chicken in this paste.
4. Heat oil in deep pan until it steams. Deep fry the chicken in it for 10-15 minutes.
5. Cover and cook the chicken on low flame.
Serve Indian style fried chicken with some onion rings and tomatoes.