Fish fingers also known as fish sticks in America are delicious crunchy sticks made with fish fillets. You can use bhetki, cod, pollock or haddock fish for the purpose of making this fried fish recipe. This fish sticks recipe is not only delicious but has amazing flavours. Outstanding for snacks time this can also be served as a side dish with your main meals. A bite into this yummy fish fingers dipped in tomato sauce renders a heavenly experience.
This fried fish recipe serves well with cocktail and other drinks. The best part is that children too love it.
Let us go into the procedure of making this fish sticks recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
For The Fish Fingers:
- Fish- 500gms (fillets of either bhetki, pollock, cod or haddock)
- Ginger garlic paste- 4-5tbsp
- Lemon juice- 3-4tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tbsp
- Eggs- 3 (only the whites)
- Cornflour- 250gms
- Bread crumbs- 1 ½-2 cups
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- 1 cup
For the Tomato Sauce:
- Tomatoes- 3-4
- Garlic- 4 slices
- Green chilli- 2
- For Garnishing:
- Cabbage Leaves- 12-15
For The Fish Fingers:
- Take the fish fillets in a medium sized bowl and add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder and some salt to it.
- Mix it well and leave it aside to marinate for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Now take a large bowl and add the cornflour, eggs, bread crumbs and some salt to it. Mix it well.
- Take a deep frying pan, place it over the gas oven and add oil to it.
- After the fish gets marinated, dip each fillet in the mixture and deep fry in the pan over a medium flame.
- After the fish fingers turn golden brown strain the oil and keep them aside on some kitchen tissues.
For The Sauce:
- Take the tomatoes and burn them directly over a gas oven using tongs.
- After their skin is burned peel them off and keep the tomatoes aside.
- Now add the tomatoes, garlic, chillies and some salt in a blender and mix well.
- Your tomato sauce is ready.
- Take a plate and place cabbage leaf over it in a way that it covers most of the plate.
- Now place the fish fingers over the plates and serve it hot.
This fried fish recipe is not only exceptional to taste but also looks impressive. So prepare this easy recipe on any occasion to gratify the taste buds of your loved ones.