Butter fish fry is a very popular Bengali recipe. It is a very simple fish recipe where some fish fillets are marinated and then fried in a batter. This butter fish recipe is generally eaten as a complement to the main course dish. You can even make a gravy preparation with this fish fry recipe. But here we will to make a dry butter fish recipe. This is one of the most favourite Bengali recipes. Be it a wedding ceremony or a simple birthday party this fish fry recipe is always a favourite. This fish fry recipe is very simple and requires very few ingredients from your kitchen shelf. Try making butter fish fry at home using this fish recipe.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Bhetki Or Salmon Fillets- 1 can
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 ½tbsp
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1tbsp
- Cashew Nuts- ¼ cup (paste)
- Almonds- ¼ cup (paste)
- Cornflour- 1-2cups
- Eggs- 2
- Milk- Half cup
- Black Pepper Powder- ½tbsp
- Butter- 1cup
- Cucumber- 1 (finely sliced)
- Tomato- 2 (finely sliced)
- Onions- 2 (finely sliced)
- Tomato Sauce- Half cup
- Salt- To taste
For The Butter Fish Fry
- Take a medium sized bowl and add the ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, cashew nuts paste, almond paste and some salt to it. Mix it well.
- Now add the fish fillets in the same bowl and marinate it well for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Add the cornflour, eggs, milk, black pepper powder and some salt in a large bowl. Stir this mixture well and make a fine batter.
- Now take a frying pan over the gas oven and add all the butter to it as you need to deep fry.
- Take the fish fillets one by one and dip them in the batter. Now deep fry them in the frying pan over a medium flame till they turn brown in colour.
- Strain the extra oil and keep them over a tissue paper so that the extra oil gets soaked away.
For The Serving
- Keep all the butter fish fry in 4-5 plates as desirable.
- Garnish with the finely chopped cucumber, tomatoes and onions.
- Serve the butter fish fry hot with tomato sauce.
This fish fry recipe is simple yet mouth watering. You will get a lot of praises for the wonderful taste of the dish.