If you are looking for a tasty and a fat-free snack, this recipe is just for you. Puffed rice is one such food item, from which several varieties of dishes can be prepared. So, today we shall share with you a special puffed rice recipe.
Puffed rice is also called murmure in hindi. However, the recipe that we are sharing with you today is very famous in North Karnataka. This is a very traditional dish that is generally served as a snack or as a breakfast delight.
The puffed rice recipe tastes best when it is served with some hot coffee. The combination of coffee and special puffed rice recipe just tastes out of the world.
So, have a look at how to prepare the special puffed rice recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Puffed rice - 250 g
- Onions - 1 cup
- Tomatoes- 1 cup
- Green chilli - 4 to 5
- Turmeric powder - 1/4th teaspoon
- Groundnuts - 1/2 cup (roasted)
- Roasted gram dal - 1 cup
- Coriander - 1/2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and add onions, tomatoes, roasted groundnuts, green chillies and turmeric powder.
- Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Take a mixy jar and put 1/2 cup of roasted gram dal.
- Do not add water, and make sure the mixture does not become smooth.
- Now, add the puffed rice to the bowl of mixture.
- Mix it well. Then add the ground gram dal mixture and the other 1/2 cup of gram dal.
- Add salt accordingly and mix it well.
- Finally, garnish with some finely chopped coriander strands.
Try this easy and yummy recipe and let us know your feedback.