Garlic bread is one of the most popular Italian dishes. Many people think that garlic bread is a French dish. Garlic is one of the most important ingredients used to prepare Italian recipes whereas to make garlic bread, we generally use French loaf bread. Whatever be the origin, we love the crisp bite of the bread loaf. Garlic bread with cheese is a common recipe that you must have tried many times. Bring a variety to this baked Italian snack by adding few more ingredients in the recipe and modifying the procedure a little. Try the stuffed garlic bread recipe.
Stuffed garlic bread recipe:
- Loaf French bread- 1
- Unsalted butter- ½ cup
- Fresh garlic- 1 whole (peeled and chopped)
- Parmesan cheese- ½ cup
- Sweet corn- ½ cup (boiled)
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Italian seasoning- 2-3 tsp
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a medium sized pan and fry onions and sweet corn for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and cook for 1 minute. Put the pan off flame and let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the loaf bread into halves lengthwise. Separate the bread pieces from one another. Take out the soft centre of the bread pieces to make some space for stuffing.
- In a bowl, mix butter with cheese. Whisk it well with a spoon. Add Italian seasoning with salt and mix well.
- Now add the onion and corn mixture in the butter bowl and mix everything.
- With the help of a spoon, stuff the bread with the mixture. Cover the bread pieces with microwave cover greased in butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes. See that the bread looks soft.
Stuffed garlic bread is ready to eat. Season with oregano and chilli flakes. You can cut the bread pieces into two halves so that it becomes easy to eat. Garnish with grated cheese. Serve hot! You can also add few vegetables such as brocolli or cabbage to make this a vegetable stuffed garlic bread.